Last updated: June 29th, 2019
Information We Collect
Hodl Hodl must receive or collect some information to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including when you visit, access, register or use our Services. The types of information we receive and collect depend on how you use our Services.
Information you give us when using Hodlex Ltd services
- Account Information. You provide your e-mail and basic information (including a profile name, timezone) to create an account on accounts.hodlhodl.com. After account creation, you may also add other information to your account, such as a profile picture and information about you.
- Trading Information. Data relating to your trades and created advertisements includes the value of your trade in terms of both cryptocurrency and fiat, Bitcoin addresses, the price of the cryptocurrency, the currency used, the timestamps trades took place, the chat logs of the trade, both buyer and seller usernames, the payment method, a record of initiated trades, trade IDs, merchant invoice information (if existent) and other information (if existent).
- Communication Information. Information relating to communications. Any communication you have with us may be stored and analyzed, this includes information created through using our Services, including all communications during a trade with other users and file attachments, communications with customer support, which may happen through support tickets, emails, or the dispute resolution process, or any other communication medium, including all messages and communications with our customer support team.
- Information relating to user identity. Using an ID to verify an account may be a required step in the process of resolving a dispute. The user is also free to verify himself on an entirely voluntary basis. The term ID may include: full name, date of birth, country (country of residence and citizenship), and other information. Mandatory ID verification may also take place if we suspect abuse of our services such as criminal activity, money laundering or fraud.
Automatically collected information during the use of Hodlex Ltd services
- Log Records And Usage Information. We may collect information about your activity when using our Services, including diagnostics, performance related statistics, and service related information. Including when you registered to use our Services, when you most recently updated your information, when you last used our Services, and which features you use, such as offer creation, or engaging in contracts. This also includes information relating to your activity, how you use our Services, the time, frequency, and duration you use our services, how you interact with others while using our Services, the settings you use when using our Services, log files, performance logs, diagnostics (such as crashes and website usage statistics) and other reports.
- Connection Information (Device And Location). We may collect device information, and other information relating to your connection when you access and use our Services, such as your IP address and related information, browser information, operating system information, hardware model.
- Information Others Have Provided About You. Other users or businesses may provide us with information about you, such as your nickname, e-mail, and other information. Users may also inform us that you use our Services. All users and businesses are required to have legal rights to use, collect, and share your information before sending your information to us.
- Third Parties. Third party service operators may work with us and we may receive information about you to improve our operations, to help us provide our Services, customization, understanding, providing support, research and conduct surveys, market our Services, understand how people use our Services, the distribution of our Services, providing infrastructure, delivery, and other systems.
How We Use Information
The following explains how we provide for and support our Services, and use information originating from the choices you make:
- Services. In order to operate, and provide our Services such as customer support, improvements, fixes, and the customization of our Services, we use information that we have access to. We use information about how people use our Services in order to analyze, evaluate, and improve our Services, to engage in troubleshooting, development, improvement, research, and the testing of new features and services.
- Security. We investigate all suspicious activity and violations of our terms to be certain our Services are being used legally. We verify our users activity and combat conduct that may be deemed harmful. We detect and prevent spam, and any other bad experiences, to promote safety and security both when using and when not using our Services.
- Communications. We use information to communicate with you, regarding our Services, to send you marketing communications, and to inform you of significant changes or innovations in our Services and send you notifications, including contract status updates or new messages from contracts which you participate in, and any changes to your account. When you contact us, we use your information to respond to you.
- Location. In order to improve, and uniquely tailor our Services to you, we use location related information such as where you live and your current location, for example, for the purpose of automatically filtering the offer list. IP addresses and other location related information may be used.
- Promotion. With the purpose of promoting our platform we may use your offers information.
Information You And Us Share
We share the information you provide (by using and communicating through our Services) to improve our Services, and to understand, support, customize, provide, operate, and market our Services.
- Public Information. Can be seen by everyone, even if they don't have an account, inside and outside of our Services. This includes the advertisement of your offer in the list, as well as your profile and trading information. You may manage your profile settings to only make specific information visible to others, as well as make your advertisements private or not visible to others. Also, anybody can see whether or not you are actively using our Services, and the status of your account.
- Counterparties. People you trade with may store and share your information (such as your contact details, messages, or chat attachments) with others that may or may not use our Services.
- Third Party Sharing: We do not sell your information, and never will. We do partner with third parties to help use, provide and improve our Services, which allows us to operate globally. We strictly limit how our partners use and disclose the data we provide. The following are the types of third parties we share information with:
- When monitoring for, and fixing crashes, we use "Sentry" service, your IP address may be included in the error messages.
- "Google Analytics" service is used for behavioral statistics. Your IP address may be included in the data we provide to Google Analytics, which is used by Google Analytics to understand how you use our service.
- We use "AWS" service for storing your personal data.
- For communications we use "Zoho Desk", "Zoho Campaign", and "Zoho Mail" services. We may share data with Zoho Desk, Zoho Campaign, and Zoho Mail that includes your email and nickname.
- We use "Twitter" service for promotions. We may provide Twitter with such data, as your offer information.
We may provide anonymous data such as usage statistics about the users of our Services to share our traffic patterns, sales, customers, and other information to potential partners, investors, marketers, other reputable third parties, and for other legal purposes, however none of these statistics will contain your personal data.
Our Legal Bases For Processing Information
We process the information we have as described above:
- As required in fulfilling our Terms of Service;
- Consistent with your consent which you can withdraw at any time;
- As required, to be in compliance with our legal obligations;
- As it may be necessary to protect your (and others’) interests;
- As for the benefit of the public interest;
- As required, to benefit the interests of yourself and others, fulfilling our goal of providing a safe, innovative, and profitable service for our users and partners, barring these interests being superseded by your rights, freedoms, and personal interests that mandate the utmost protection of your personal data.
In this Section, we summarise rights you have regarding your personal data.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- A right to object to us processing your personal data, citing personal reasons; however please understand we may still process your personal data if we have lawful grounds to do so, if our interests in processing your personal data are not overridden by your rights, interests, or freedoms;
- A right to access the personal data of yours, that we hold. You may also receive specific personal data in a machine readable format such as .pdf or .csv;
- A right to transferring your data, if we are in legal accordance of processing your personal data and you consent, and the processing is executed automatically, you are within your rights to be sent your personal data from us in a structured, regularly used machine readable format, only if this would not negatively affect the freedoms and rights of others;
- A right to rectify any inaccuracies in your personal data;
- A right to have specific parts of your personal data erased when it is no longer required for us to process it, if you have withdrawn your consent, objected, if your personal data has been unlawfully processed, or if erasing your personal data is a requirement in accordance with a legal requirement;
- A right to be made aware of the logic we use to make automated decisions about you, upon request;
- A right to withdraw consent (if previously given) for processing your personal data. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing your personal data before the withdrawal. You may withdrawal your consent by emailing
- A right to contact your national data protection regulator if you are unaware of your rights, or are concerned about how your personal data is processed;
- A right to file a complaint with the national data protection regulator in your country;
- A right to exercise your rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to accommodate any request you make in an effort to respect your rights but please be aware your rights may not be absolute rights. This means that we are within our rights to refuse your request or may only be able to partially comply;
If, in respect of your rights, you make a request, we may ask for clarification about your request. If we believe your requests are unreasonable or repetitive, we do have the right to not respond.
Storing and Deleting Personal Data
We keep your personal data for however long is necessary to provide you with our Services. We store your personal data for up to 5 years following the closure of Your Account (if applicable) or from the last contact we receive from you. We will delete your personal data when are not required to be processing your data. Please be aware that legal and regulatory requirements may require us to store your personal data for a longer period, pursuant to any applicable statutory limitation period.
How we transfer data while operating global services
What Are Cookies?
For more information on cookies you can see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
Unfortunately, like many if not most websites, there are no options for disabling cookies, without completely disabling the functionality and usability of the site. Fortunately our cookies are harmless. So it is recommended that you leave on - all cookies - as they are likely required to provide you with a service our website provides.
Turning Off Cookies
You can block cookies by changing the settings on your browser (typically located under the privacy settings in your browser). Please be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of our website, and many others that you visit. Disabling cookies usually results in limiting the functionality and features of websites. Therefore we recommend that you do not disable cookies.
Cookies We Issue
- Google Analytics,
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, you can see the official Google Analytics page.
For more information on Google cookies, you can see types of cookies used by Google page.
Hodlex Ltd. is the data controller responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions or requests related to our policies you may contact our data protection office through email: